turns by its self

mcruea

Seaman
my hydro sport with i 125h wants to pull to the right all the time , it pulls so hard that i have to use both hands to hold it straight , the bottom fins by the prop looks like there straight , dont know what eles it could be , help please
marty

maxum247

Lieutenant
Re: turns by its self

my hydro sport with i 125h wants to pull to the right all the time , it pulls so hard that i have to use both hands to hold it straight , the bottom fins by the prop looks like there straight , dont know what eles it could be , help please
marty

There's a trim tab at the the propeller or fin as you call it that's adjustable, set it in the direction the boat is pulling to counter the effect and see if that helps, you may need to adjust it a little at a time until you get it right!

Also the way your boat is loaded and where the passengers are seated could have an effect on boat control. max!

boatsmith

Cadet

I have a similar hull (I bet) with a similar problem, but not as bad. Mine is a 17'-6" centerconsole VIP. I've seen HydraSports with the same hull design. The trim tab at the exhaust has very little effect, but mine has a slight bent skeg. Maybe the hull is very sensitive to drag and weight distribution and has a few scrapes. I wonder if it is still balanced.

mcruea

Seaman

thanks for everybodys help , im thinking im going to mess with the trim tab, because my wife , and my 3 girls was setting on the left side of the boat and it still wanted to make a hard right, at fast speed ,if i let go of the steering wheel the boat would probly flip thats how hard im fighting it , my skeg fin is straight , i do have some scratches on the bottom. but i dont see them throwing the boat that hard , maybe im wrong.