Skipping Engine/Low water Pressure

gbond

Cadet
The motor is mounted on a Blazer 202 boat. I was fishing a tournament last night and it starting skipping with 11 lbs water pressure. I just had the impellar changed out. It skips out of the hole and continues as I travel. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

gbond

Cadet
Re: Skipping Engine/Low water Pressure

Sorry, I left that out. It is a 06' Yamaha HPDI 250.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

you may be fighting 2 problems.
as long as the alarm system is working and your not getting any then water pressure and engine running has NO correlation as the ECU does NOT monitor water pressure.
if its actually over heating RPM will be restricted to 2500 or so.
the Z250 and the VZ 250 use different ign/fuel mapping.
but my guess would be to test compression, carefully inspect the spark plugs as well as the plug gap using one of the 2 tech bullitens on how to properly gap the dual electrode plugs.
if compression is good and the spark plugs clean and properly gapped look for a water detect issue possibly or other fuel related issues such as low VST presure,blown lift pump diaphrams or a clogged medium pressure filter.
ign issues on that motor are rare but there were some oil/ECU tech bullitens you may wish to look up.
yours also may be under a recall for an oil pump.
have your local dealer run your primary ID.

gbond

Cadet

Thanks for the reply, however, since I posted this, I have taken it in for repair. The verdict was the poppit valve was full of sand. According to the tech, who was running the engine on the computer, engine was running too cool. Which made computer dump too much oil and gas on the plugs (plugs were wet with fuel when he removed them). The temp was constantly moving up and down on the computer. Does this sound right to you? Thanks again!

gbond

Cadet

I was curious, is there a website where I can access the bulletins you indicated?
Greg