Best price to mail-order OMC parts? Finding part numbers.

smaki

Cadet
Do we call OMC or is there a better place online or to call? Want to find the best prices now and in the future. Would like to find a place with a decent return policy in case get the wrong part for some reason. No one in my area stocks parts and they all mail-order them so thought might as well do it myself if possible... ANY IDEAS???

Is there a place that will also provide OMC part numbers for us, a place to look them up online, or do we need to purchase a manual for every outboard we work on?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Best price to mail-order OMC parts? Finding part numbers.

helps to know what motor, yr, hp, you have. this way we can put you in the correct place. by the way is is not OMC anymore, it is BRP.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Do we call OMC or is there a better place online or to call?

Is there a place that will also provide OMC part numbers for us, a place to look them up online, or do we need to purchase a manual for every outboard we work on?

It is always a good ideal to have the correct service manual handy.

For OEM parts list with prices, go to the Evinrude website

Randyg123

Petty Officer 1st Class

Get your service manual right here from the iBoats, just click on the link at the top of the page.

For parts:
This link will take you to the BRP Evinrude/Johnson parts catalogue. Find your year and model and then narrow in on what you need. You can order the parts directly from this site. You can also use this site to get your correct part number.

http://shop2.evinrude.com/ext/index.aspx?s1=d620a7a2689e6ad727e4e33279455cc1

I've order a lot of small parts from them like grommets, linkages, bushings, etc. I have had issues with not getting the parts I ordered and ordering a part I ended up not needing, but never had a problem fixing the situation and returning items.

But for major items like electrical components, coils, powerpacks, stators, starters, and other $$$ stuff you should shop sites that specialize in outboard parts (such as iBoats). There are quite of few of these websites and they are probably going to be cheaper. Just shop several sites for whatever you are looking for because prices can vary quite a bit.

mlwestbrooks

Cadet

Another good place is Ishopmarine.com

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I do things the same way Randy does. I like to use OEM parts whenever possible, but for the big ticket items I'll usually shop around. I've used the BRP site 3 times so far and had no issues. Very fast delivery, and the stuff fits right.

smaki

Cadet

Great information guys.

Does anyone else have a favorite site as the World Wide Web is a big place?

Will check out the sites given, see if I can find other good useful websites, and report back here how it goes so we all can benefit from the shared information. Thank you for helping create a useful thread most readers in this forum will be able to benefit from.

It is good to know the best places to buy parts, get information, etc. For this thread it was my intention to ask the general question for everyone here, but for the person who asked as specific answers can be useful to others as well my Evinrude outboard is an 1989 and says 150XP VRO on the side (found I needed to figure out my engine part number to use the Evinrude site and was on a tag on the transom, model #E150STLCEM). Have a shop with big barns so often work on other people's boats and seek access to timely information. To leverage online resources can benefits everyone. To get a good set of manuals can be hundreds more than people want to pay and was exploring if the same information is online as in cars and others things where people scan the factory manuals in then put online while maybe that has not happened for boats, yet.

SKEETR

Chief Petty Officer

bestboatparts.com was the cheapest I found. But they don't return phone calls so I can imagine returns would be tricky. You get what you pay for, I'd pay a little more for better service, tracking and confirmation.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

ebasicpower.com....ships same day and usually lower priced than most..;)
They send you free parts books with your order and have been great on the phone the couple times i had to call to find the correct part number.

smaki

Cadet

You guys are great, Thank you. Thank you!

By the way the link to: http://shop2.evinrude.com/ext/index.aspx?s1=d620a7a2689e6ad727e4e33279455cc1
is very useful to figure out part numbers and cost "from the factory". While on many items there may be a better less expensive way to buy as the "factory" often charges "list" prices when their distributors often can offer better deals while not sure yet how things work with Evinrude outboard parts and still checking into how to get the best deals on some parts I need and will let you all know how it goes.

Keep the information coming. Am sure many have favorites so please share with us all so we will know when looking for something to go BOATIN' !!!! When we want to be on the water in the summer minimizing the time to search for parts is a great thing.

jdbwvd

Cadet

second for crowley marine, I just had an unbelievably good experience with them. Ordered 4 obsolete parts for my 1955 evinrude on monday afternoon and they were at my door wednesday morning. I live by Tulsa, OK and they are in colorado, so that may explain some of the shipping speed.