white oil

Jumpmaster

Recruit
I have a 1998 bayliner Capri 3.0l 4 cylinder I/O, I found oil leaking into my bilge and took it into a local marine repair shop. he replaced my timing chain cover which was rusted out and a cracked exhaust manifold. (didn't even repaint the cover). got it back, took it out and it ran very rough, hard idle and stalling at idle, put some heat in the fuel and took it back out, nothing changed. took it back and he kept it for two months and did nothing. I finally took it back gave it a tune up with plugs, rotor, cap, wires. got it running better, took it out today and at high throttle became very loud like a exhaust gasket was out, it doesn't seem to have the power it did before. decided to check my oil since i haven't since it was repaired and it came out white. so here i am. I'm going to drain the oil in a few and start over again. any help would be appreciated on what direction i should pursue. I'm going to do a compression check tomorrow to see if i have a b:mad:ad head gasket.

Jumpmaster

Recruit
Re: white oil

Ziggy, thanks for the link. will be a good starting point.

bayliner in elkmore. The oil was at perfect level prior to taking it back to the repair shop, it looks over full now but I think it due to the added water.

I'm buying an oil extractor this morning and geting that started, a friend is bringing ove a gauge to check the compression to see if theres a gasket leak in the head.