Looking for an older Lund to pay cash for!

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
After checking prices on the new boats,I have decided to go used instead.
I have in mind any Lund Model S-16 from 1988 to 1990(as long as she is in good shape)with a 40 HP tiller steer Evinrude or Johnson motor. I am going to save approximately $850.00 to $1,200.00 for this boat/motor/trailer combo.
Boat MUST have Evinrude or Johnson motor. Another Lund I have in mind is the WC-16 within the same model years as the S-16 ,except with a 25 hp
motor of same brand.

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Looking for an older Lund to pay cash for!

Hello - I was reading some of your threads and was wondering about your brand loyalty. On motors you've switched between Mercury, Yamaha and OMC and depending on which one your interested in at the time, you talk badly about the other manufacturers. On boats you've switched between Lund and Sea Nymph although without any negative reference to either. I'm not being combative, I just don't get it.:confused:

My 2 cents is: For an aluminum semi-V in the 14'-16' range there are a myriad of great manufacturers out there, Lund, SeaNymph, Lowe, Alumnacraft, etc. The design hasn't really changed since Noah was cruising around. On the motor front, all manufacturers you mentioned make good motors in the 9.9-50HP range. I'd recommend a 2-stroke as they're easier to work on (sorry EPA).

A good used boat/motor/trailer package can be had on craigslist for under 2K. Check the rivets on the boat and make sure the engine runs properly and before you know it, you're fishing. (Oh Yeah, make sure they have titles too)

Whatever you do, good luck to you - Bob

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello - I was reading some of your threads and was wondering about your brand loyalty. On motors you've switched between Mercury, Yamaha and OMC and depending on which one your interested in at the time, you talk badly about the other manufacturers. On boats you've switched between Lund and Sea Nymph although without any negative reference to either. I'm not being combative, I just don't get it.:confused:

My 2 cents is: For an aluminum semi-V in the 14'-16' range there are a myriad of great manufacturers out there, Lund, SeaNymph, Lowe, Alumnacraft, etc. The design hasn't really changed since Noah was cruising around. On the motor front, all manufacturers you mentioned make good motors in the 9.9-50HP range. I'd recommend a 2-stroke as they're easier to work on (sorry EPA).

A good used boat/motor/trailer package can be had on craigslist for under 2K. Check the rivets on the boat and make sure the engine runs properly and before you know it, you're fishing. (Oh Yeah, make sure they have titles too)

Whatever you do, good luck to you - Bob

To clarify things just a bit,...I would choose Lund over the others,but I have to admit that Sea Nymph would be a close second to Lund,followed then by Alumacraft. I have made up my mind to stick with the Lund brand,and as for
the motors,...OMC all the way. Something in my heart tells me to stick with
Lund for the boat,and OMC for the motor. I really don't think there are bad motors,except the fact that I did have Mercury and I just had nothing but
trouble out of their motor. Just as with a car,...you can run into a "lemon",
and I done that with Mercury. As for the motor technology,...two strokes all
the way,and as you said "Sorry,EPA!" I like the fact that on a two stroke motor you don't have to worry about changing engine oil,adjusting valves,replacing timing belts,etc. I hope I cleared up your confusion since I have finally made my mind up. No need to visit other brand related boards anymore. Sticking with Lund all the way! This board is my home,now!

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do not know if any Lund dealers visit this board or not,but if they do(and if
you just happen to be one in the midwest region in Indiana,Ohio,Michigan,for example,...)keep an eye out for one of these boats within the next year for me. It will take some time to save the cash,though,...and keep in mind the price range I need to be in as listed in my post that started this thread.

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just wanted to add that today I received a 1990 Lund boats catalog from Lund. They were gracious enough to help me out by sending me the older
sales brochure(original,...not a photo copy) so that I could check out the older WC-16 boats,and the S-16 boats from 1990. They had other models that caught my eye and that I will be looking for in the "used boat" market.
Now,...if I could just find an older Evinrude and/or Johnson brochure from
that same model year! My "thumbs up" to Lund for their help. All the more
reason to stick with the brand and forget about those others I was going to
consider.