Need a little info please

leadtoo

Cadet
Hi All,

I was given a 4hp Johnson seahorse model # 4w69 B and serial # E3144282. I believe this is a 1969.

The help i need is a confirmation on the year and what gas mix should I run. I will be using it on a pond Prowler. The thing is in mint condition the paint is not even worn off the prop. But the hood dose have some scuff marks from storage. I am the second owner as this was my friends father-in-laws motor and he has passed. I offered to buy it but he said if I didn't take it he was going to through it out and was glad to see somebody use it.

Also if you could point me in the right direction for a shop manual and owners manual that would be great too. and any place to find parts for it.

Also any help in what to do when I take it out and run her. I was told he fired her up in a barrel every year and did the tune up's on her and she fired right up for my friend when they cleaned out the house.

thanks for your help,

Leadtoo

Ps any thing else you can think off that I might think of please let me know and a value too if possible, I would like to buy him dinner as a thank you.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need a little info please

Welcome to iboats.

You are definately in the right place. That is in fact a 69, so run the mix at 50:1. 50 parts regular 87 or 89 octane to 1 part TCW3 oil.

Keep an eye on ebay for a Service Manual, or check here on iboats for a factory reprint.

The following article may be of interest to you in the future. I will let the experts on these motors guide you further, there are many of them on this site. Welcome.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

It is 1969, fuel mix is 50:1 (87 octane gas to TC-W3 outboard oil), new manuals are available here at iboats, used manuals are often on ebay, service parts here also, dealer motor parts at ishopmarine.com or your local JohnnyRude dealer.

I believe this would be a great help to you:
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=158086

leadtoo

Cadet

thanks Hightrim I just went and bought the manual. and thanks to everyone else for the help.

Leadtoo