Is it my imagination?

RonnieQ

Cadet
I had another post recently regarding Water In Cylinders and Hydrolocking.. Anyway, turns out to have either been "Dieseling Issue" or "Leak in Riser Gasket". We took the boat out on Sunday afternoon for test runs and everything ran smooth and good.... no water leaks etc... Although, even though it seemed to run great and with no engine noises, I can't help but think something didn't sound just right out the exhaust. Along with the normal brmm brmmm brmmm sound I also seemed to here a WAH WAH WAH kinda sound. I know it's hard to put sounds in words, but hopefully you get the idea... My wife says it sounded fine and the same to her and it was my imagination... What do you guys think? Could I have bent a valve or something and even though all ran fine, there is something not functioning properly with the stroke....?

buggiedad_67

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Is it my imagination?

i know my wife hears things i dont, and they seem to notice things more than we do. you had run compresson tests and they were fine then i would think you dont have a bent valve, try it some more before you tear it down and try not to try and find something wrong just ride and have fun.,

Maclin

Admiral

A compression test would show a bent valve or other cylinder sealing issue, might be worth doing so you will know.

If it is just a different tune out the exhaust (to your ears anyway!) and not a rod knocking or a piston wrist pin slacking type noise from the block and the compression is good then TURN THE RADIO UP or sing along so you can't hear it!

I tend to hear more things after I have worked a problem, just human nature to block out normal sounds only to have them show up later after some event as "new".

RonnieQ

Cadet

Guess so.... This was only our 3rd or 4th time out in THIS boat, so I may just be hearing things.... Thanks again !!! :cool: