No shop/service manuals? 04' Larson 240 Cabrio help

usedboatbuyer

Recruit
Hey Everyone....

My wife and I are proud owners of our first boat, an 04' Larson 240 Cabrio...we have had it for a few weeks and have a punchlist of things that we would like to fix on the boat.

I have spent time online looking for information about these boats with little results. I called a Larson dealer and found out there are no service manual available. (we come from a jet skiing background where Sea Doo has a manual out that goes over the entire ski with detailed instructions.) I was talking with a buddy of mine that has a Chapparal and he said the same....no 'real" manual. (except for the owners manual which has more information on how to wear your PFD than the location of seacocks)....

Anyway.....a few questions....

Is there a publication out that would be helpfull to have? Is there a manual that Service guys at the marina have that helps them with the componets related to an express cruiser like ours?

We have a leak that I think is coming from one of the Air Conditioning hoses...how do you remove the galley/refridgerator to inspect components that are hidden?

How would you remove the clarion radio that is built in above the AC circut panel? (we want to add a connection for an I-pod to the Aux outlet)

Any help would be appreciated. We are new to Boats, and don't want to make expensive mistakes....

Thanks in advance

Don

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: No shop/service manuals? 04' Larson 240 Cabrio help

sorry no.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: No shop/service manuals? 04' Larson 240 Cabrio help

Hey Everyone....

My wife and I are proud owners of our first boat, ......................................................................no 'real" manual. (except for the owners manual which has more information on how to wear your PFD than the location of seacocks)....

Thanks in advance

Don

Congrats on the new boat. As for a "real" manual, welcome to the world of boat manufacturing............some times it still seems as if its in the dark ages:confused::confused:.................. But on the bright side....................The engine/drive systems are well documented via factory...........yes thats right.................factory service manuals.;):):)