Best way to get on a tube?

twintrades

Petty Officer 1st Class
OK this could be a very dumb question but how the heck do you get on a tube when you fall off. I can but i struggle ( im not fat or a wimp just a little uncoordinated);) My wife plane ol cant. Is there a correct way to do this?? Every time we try to, we get close and the damn thing flips. $60 wallmart tube.

I thought mabey get going a little with the tube and it will hold its *** still and you could pulll yourself up. (verry slow speed)

Anyone have an idea?:confused:

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: Best way to get on a tube?

With those big tubes it's nearly impossible, we play once your thrown off your ride is over, NEXT...

xxxflhrci

Chief Petty Officer

Have the driver pull the rope taut and get on from the back. I have a big tube and a bigger tube and have no problems getting on either.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

On from the back while the spotter holds the rope taught is one method. The other one is to go from the boarding ladder or platform to the tube. The driver should have circled to protect the tuber firstly then the spotter can pull the tube back in to the boat and you can climb back on from there. I would not recommend having the boat under way while attempting to get back on.
Works for us.
Good Luck.

Fu-Inator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Swim platform works well.:D I pretty much don't even try to get on from the water. My older boy and his friends can, little ones with some help, but me forget it. One day when I got tired, I couldn't even get on our smaller tube from the platform without flipping over.... lol. How pathetic is that?!?!:rolleyes:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Swim platform works well.:D I pretty much don't even try to get on from the water. My older boy and his friends can, little ones with some help, but me forget it. One day when I got tired, I couldn't even get on our smaller tube from the platform without flipping over.... lol. How pathetic is that?!?!:rolleyes:

Not pathetic, just reality !!!! skiing and tubing takes quite a bit out of you and when you have to get back on you are tired already. Still great fun though eh !!!!

Devious

Seaman

last time out, my girl rode for like 2 minutes and was tossed off. she spent the next 5 minutes trying to get back on and once she got on, she was too tired to ride any more, haha.

i'm lucky and can just kick like hell and pop out of the water and crawl on.

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

What helps me:

Start bouncing while in the water. Use the buoyancy of your vest to get a running start and sort of launch out of the water as high as you can.

I bob, bob, bob, 3 or 4 times deeper and deeper until my head is completely under, than give many hard kicks while basically jumping as high as I can go, grabbing a handle on the far side of the tube.

I agree this is much easier if the boat is in gear and idling away to keep tension on the rope. And if your tube is too tall and/or too top-heavy, this won't work either.

I will also add that short, wide, flat "deck tubes" are much easier to get on. Less than 8" tall when fully inflated.

tysonnathan

Petty Officer 1st Class

imagine there is a shark or croc in the water.... youll be up on that tube in no time...:D

freddyray21

Commander

the tension from the front works for us. We have a ebay special tube been using it for about 3+ seasons and our riders can get back on it.

steveo32

Seaman

I just idle forward with the boat to make the line tight, then it won't flip over when you pull yourself up. It like getting on a kneeboard but at alot slower speed. It helps having long arms, I have the walmart tube too and I can grab the front straps while in the water and just pull myself up. Have never had a issue, once you do it your muscles will remember and then you won't even think about it.

twintrades

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yea i can get on it. My wife is shorter than me and dosnt have the lentgh need in her arms.

We ended up getting a ladder to use to get in the boat and on the tube. works great.

derekpfeiffer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I recommend getting the little bit better ones like scheels or other outdoor stores sells. They are covered in canvas and are large flat discs. Have four handles in the front and two straps in the back. I grab onto the straps on the back and give one big bop kicking my feet and pushing down on the back of the tube while holding onto the straps then kindof just flop your belly onto it. works great.

Happy tubing:)
Doogie