1994 Johnson 25 -Timing/ Adjustments???

I have a 1994 Johnson 25 Model J25RERC (elec start). The motor starts and idles great at first crank every time. Runs smooth at idle up to half throttle. When I try throttling past half to full the engine just runs flat about half idle won't rev any higher and sounds likes it's bogging down. It will run all day at half speed buts thats as highs as RPMS will go. How do I adjust to get full top end?
New plugs, fresh gas (I run out on the lake fishing every weekend). I am fairly mechanicall incline so I purchased a repair manual but it tries to cover too many models and doesn't give me any good pics. on the carb, timing ect. on my engine.
How to I set adjust the timing (points) linkage? Is there anywhere online that I can view more info on my motor?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1994 Johnson 25 -Timing/ Adjustments???

Thanks Tashasdaddy. It show #22 as an oriface (unless I had wrong carb diagram). Looks easy enough to get to. I will try cleaning that and if it doesn't solve the issue I will get a kit and clean carb like you suggest. I will update soon as I try . Thanks for quick response!