Shift Cable Nightmare

WarnerJ

Recruit
Before we get started I do understand that I am working with a drive line that is made up of a majority of NLA parts. What I am looking for is what I actually have , what I actually need,what is missing that should be there and where maybe I can find it. The previous owner got creative on the shift cable and used what I think to be OMC parts to fix it. Here is what I have or what I think I have, 1971 Mercruiser 90 h.p. renault motor with "0" drive. Engine serial 2898296 and drive unit number 2899045 or could possible be 2893045, there is scratch on the plate and makes one number unlegible. It is in a boat that was made by rebel lure company from 1971-1973 called a fastback. I have attached as many pictures as I could. Many of these are almost identicle. None of the mercruiser microfish I have seen show the cable that is broke. They show attaching nuts but no cable or part number or picture of what it looks like.I think the broken cable I have is cobbled on from an older OMC. I don't think a turnbuckle and eyebolt adjuster is stock. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.I have repaired all of the other issues I had listed on here before and hate to scrap the whole rig over a 75 dollar cable kit.
Transom Plate
IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

Shifter arm where cable comes into housing
The linkage to arm actually hooks to cable on the rightside hole it is just swung to left side from me hitting it.
IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Rest of drive unit. Yes it has been repaired but functions 100% and oil is free of water contamination.
IMG_0299.jpg

Cable they had hooked to unit and turnbuckle is above pictures. The threaded end is what broke off and is missing.
IMG_0306.jpg