Keel Guard Recomendations !!

kosi99

Cadet
Hi There , I have got a 2000 - 23 ft Seaswirl Striper , I am looking for top quality keel guard system ,I have seen a couple of different brands ( Cabellas Catolog ), I would like to run it from my Boat winch U-Bolt ( Front ) to maybe 6 or 8 feet back. I have heard of one particular brand that uses a 3M adhesive , I love 3M products , but did not catch the brand !!Anyways , I will be running this through a couple of strake areas that meet with th entry ( where the guard will be protecting mainly ) I'm concerned that this will not adhere properly , Please , anyone with some experience with this would be appreciated , Take Care , The Fog Ducker !!

:):):)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Keel Guard Recomendations !!

keel guard, uses 3m if i am not mistaken.

sirtweek

Cadet

I have a keelshield that I purchased from cabela's.

Need to make a few repairs to the bow, from beachings before the install.

I have marine tex that I plan to use to fix the damage, paint over it, then put the shield as directed.

I got the 7' version. Going camping this weekend so hopefully will get to it in the next couple weeks.

both the keelgaurd and keel shield use 3M adhesive. Color selection is more vast with the keel shield.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

i have no reason to recomend keelsheild other than thay have a very good
warrenty service. i will use them again if i have to buy a sheild for another boat. i know now i'll not have to purchase another for our boat now as they stand behind what they sell

keelsheild replaced the sheild for us on our boat after i had a trailer loading misshap and tore a hole in it. it saved the hull but runied the sheild.
no questions asked. all i had to do was send them a e-mail with pictures of damage and my shipping adress
and yes they do use 3M product to install

the price is almost the same for both brands and both are avaible here on I-Boats

Pierutrus

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Keel Guard. Has been on for 2 years without a problem.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

I just installed the keel guard a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I've beached my boat a few times and am completely satisfied. Before you install, I highly recommend that you outline the install with a pencil. Once the adhesive sticks, it almost impossible to make any adjustments. They're very simple to install and took me only 30 minutes. Good luck!