Need axle or trailer.

bman1bpm

Chief Petty Officer
My axle on my boat trailer rusted through. Does anybody have an axle or a boat trailer for a 17' near maryland?
Axle is 77" hub to hub 58" spring-spring I think

reelfishin

Captain
Re: Need axle or trailer.

A new axle would be the way to go, you will need to know the hub flange to flange measurement, spring center to center measurement and possibly the overall axle length. You will also need to know the axle type, (round or square), the weight rating needed, and the thickness of the spring pack for the new U bolts.

Try your local spring shops, Champion Trailer or similar.
I just bought two 72" flange to flange, square tube, 2000lb axles for $105 each.
New hubs, bearings and axle already assembled. All I had to do is swap over my wheels and install them with new u bolts. On mine, the springs were pretty pitted so I tossed them too in favor of all new springs and hardware as well.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner

www.championtrailers.com
take the measurements off the old axle, they'll build you an exact copy, but galvanized and with brake backing plates if you want. I had one done by them 4 years ago for my old 94 Load Rite and it worked out great!

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

You'd be surprised at what you might be able to find at your local tractor supply store...

haskindm

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tri-State Marine in Deale, MD is the local distributer for E-Z Load Trailers. They have lots of parts available.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Yea tractor supply can get you a axle that is the size you need. I got one for my 14' aluminum boat trailer that was rated for 4,000 pounds or something like that. Ill never put that much weight on that trailer but the axle was the correct size and it just bolted on as easy as pie. They come with the splines and everything on them already so all you got to do is bolt it on and you are good to go. 30 min. job once you get all the material together.

nuttyboater

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You can also check Runnings if you have a store in your area. They also have their Do-It-Best and Fleet and Farm stores under the same company. I can walk into Runnings here and buy just about any size axle i might need. They have a nice rack of them back in the farm supplies area where all the trailer tires and stuff of that nature is located.

An axle the size you need would be around $100-$150 depending on the weight rating.

bman1bpm

Chief Petty Officer

THanks guys, I tried one local trailer shop and they wanted $225 for an axle and springs. EZ loader is was closed for 4th of july till july 14th, must be nice!

bman1bpm

Chief Petty Officer

Alright so I ordered my axle, bought it from these guys:

http://traileraxleandtrailerparts.com/default.aspx

They did a great job, custom made my axle because EZ loader axles are 73" and 58 1/2" spring to spring...not the standard 58"

Got the axle with easy lube hubs, springs, ubolts and the whole works for $170 SHIPPED! all the way from alabama to maryland, highly recommended for anyone who needs an axle