Boat Manufacturer

DutchMerc

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Does anyone know this type of boat? I am looking for the brand, type and year. I think it is a European build boat, but that's all i know. I could not find any numbers or other info on it. They told me it was a Cresent, but this info seems to be wrong. I contacted Cresent in Sweden, the boat was not build there... The size is 4.35 mtr. x 1.75 mtr. (15ft.) Any ideas?

Attachments

• Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 0
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Boat Manufacturer

it is obviously a European boat. just by the lines. not US built.

DutchMerc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

So, i have to look into European manufacturers. I thing it's a '70 or '80'boat. Any ideas? I am looking at the different homepages i can think of, but the shape from the hull looks al different....

DutchMerc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No, no numbers or names to be found. I did some research and found that the ID-numbers are from after the '70-'s. I think my boat is build in, or even before these years...I am looking for known boats with the same carracteristics as the shape from the hull, windows and low transom....

DutchMerc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Any ideas? I have to find out the manufacturer, to find the original weight from this boat. The performance is poor, and it seems like there is to much weight in the boat. I need to find out the original empty weight to see if i have some water under the floor or captured in the foam... It takes WOT from my Mercury 2stroke 40HP to even plane the boat, and it won't come out of the water when there is more than 1 person in the boat....:confused:

ErikF

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can't help you with the name but I would guess you want around a 70 on the back of that boat.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Any ideas? I have to find out the manufacturer, to find the original weight from this boat. The performance is poor, and it seems like there is to much weight in the boat. I need to find out the original empty weight to see if i have some water under the floor or captured in the foam... It takes WOT from my Mercury 2stroke 40HP to even plane the boat, and it won't come out of the water when there is more than 1 person in the boat....:confused:

pretty big boat for a 40 !!!!!!

uscg rules in the restoration section have the calculations to figure max hp.....and that is a long shaft motor on a short shaft transom......if you raise the motor with a jack plate...you will see improved performance .......however....im guessing 85 to 115 hp for that boat.....whats the legnth 17?

DutchMerc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

pretty big boat for a 40 !!!!!!

uscg rules in the restoration section have the calculations to figure max hp.....and that is a long shaft motor on a short shaft transom......if you raise the motor with a jack plate...you will see improved performance .......however....im guessing 85 to 115 hp for that boat.....whats the legnth 17?

The length is 15", and even with my Merc 402 the transom is verry deep. This is what what gives me daubts...