02 Mercury 115hp four stroke, EFI, Stalling?

ddoran01

Recruit
I have an 02 Mercury 115hp, 4 stroke, efi, on my pontoon boat. It stalls a lot at idle, when shifting between forward and reverse or reverse to forward or when running at higher speed and lowering the throttle down to idle. It will re-fire quickly with no problem. I also noticed some surging at 3200 to 4000 RMP, almos like it's running out of gas.

I had it at the dealer and he had the Mercury regional tech assist him. They could not pull any codes from the computer. He said it could be poor fuel or the cylinders are glazed from idling or running at low speed or from poor quality fuel.

They gave me some mercury fuel additive to use. I drained the fuel into clear 1 gallon glass jugs and let them settle. The fuel looks fine, no water and it smelled good. I replaced the spark plugs. I replaced the fuel/water filter (No Water). I always try to keep my gas good by using a few oz's of seafoam in every tank. I added new fuel, with the Mecrury additive. Within 5 minutes of driving it, it stalled again and again and again. 4 days of driving it and it still stalls. It's almost like the idle is set too low (700 or 800RPM according to my tach). Every time it stalls it fires right back up with no problem.

Please let me know what else I should check or replace.

Thanks
:confused:Dan