1972 9.6 sea king

throttle is jammed on fast- last time I had it out throttle was sticking -- how do I free it up. I sprayed PW Blaster on linkages no help yet! Have carb off and soaking for cleaning,it needed it. Hasn't been run since last year.Ken

Re: 1972 9.6 sea king

seems like the cam is sticking bad, can it be sprayed with lube without hurting points etc. Everything else is free but cam (plug cables attached) is really sticking. How cam is the right word. Ken

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Maybe start with WD40 first. It is not a good lube but it will go after rust. I am not familiar with that motor but can you take the screw that the cam is attached to apart and clean it? Or are you worried about the timing.

I have the flywheel off, can't see how to lube or take it off. I know if I remove it timing will have to be checked. Ken and I appreciate the help. I know I should have a manual but $$. Once I get it loose I will be in business I hope. I think it is called the throttle plate .

Last edited:

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

It is a holiday weekend so be patient. Hopefully someone will give you a better answer. If not try either chrysler crew or the marine doctor. Good luck.

I got it, sprayed with WD 40 afew times and it is moving easily, will check timing and points before putting the flywheel back on. what is torque supposed to be on nut? Thanks again Ken

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Spec for your motor is not given in the manual. A 9.9 HP is 45 to 50 foot pounds and a 8HP is 40 foot pounds for the flywheel nut.

Thanks, will let you know how I make out. Have a test tank if my test tank patch hardens quick enough. Ken

Got it to fire and run just for a few seconds a couple of times. Pick up new plugs in am think they should be L86C wrong pugs were in it I think.. .L82c. Ken Put new plugs in same thing took carb off and checked it looked ok was able to blow thru it like I was suppose to and when float was high no air thru it. Put it back on fussed with low speed for a bit and she took off. About time too. Have it On the Tahquamenon River tonight. Still taking a back up Ken

Last edited:

It is running well now still have problems with air in gas line from quick connect. Anybody repaired the female end. I can see a split ring, does that hold the 0-ring in and what size 0 ring. Remember I ain't no genius ! Ken