Swim plateform replacement 2004 2302

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, my ladder broke off my plateform. I purchased a new one, and I can't get the old one off. Seems like It was installed with large philips head screws or bolts and I need a 2' screw driver to get at them. anyone done this replacment on a newer Trophy? I'll post pic's if I need to

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Swim plateform replacement 2004 2302

here's a few shots

IMAG0022-1.jpg

IMAG0021-1.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

all 3 are philips except no.# 2, that is a 1/2 inch bolt. I can't find anything to get up into the upper places...any suggestions!

Oger

Recruit

I know this is late but I had to replace mine around the same time this was posted, and struggled also. The ladder requires a helper due to that there are nuts and washers on the other side of the transome. A large phillips and socket can be used to hold thescrews while the nuts are taken off from the rear.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Better late than never! some one might have to do the same and now it's searchable. Had a hell-of a time though, I did it my my self! 2 people is the way to go. First thing I did was change out the long Phillips head bolts w/ SS hex head bolts that way w/ a long extention and a knuckle on a rachet and you can reach all nessesery bolts w/ no problem. then I 5200 the spacers on to the platform and let set for a couple of days. The added the platform to the grab rails that were already on the boat, and propped up the platform , inserted the bolts put 4200 where the brackets hit the stern also on the spacers and in the bolt holes and on the shafts of the bolts, and from the inside hatch tightened it up...not so easy either. Cleaned up all the extra 4200 and job done! :D

tuffg

Recruit

Where did you buy the new swim platform. I am looking for a platform and handrails to add to a 2000 2302.

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bought it from my local dealer, darn, can't remember. I only neede the platform itself, nat rails or hardware. You can but oiece buy piece or the whloe assembly. If I remember right the platfoerm cost me around 150.00.