Just had to share this.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Just had to share this.

Glow in the dark Buddy ball is very popular with the labs too. Great looking Golden.

patrickray

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Bob. I also have a male as well. (Red) But he's kinda a slob. But he's my best buddy. Alot of dogs love the glow in the dark buddy balls. But you cant find them any more. I have a 4" and the 2". These guys would be hart broken if they were to get lost. I have looked every where but just cant find them any more. If you know where to get them, please let me know.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Ya gotta love it:D A man and his dog, sure is a special thing. The little white dot in front of my boat picture is Lucy. We rescued this little Jack Russell from a breeder. She spent her life in a chain link cage on a concrete pad having babies. I won't say how we got her ;). Let's just say today she has the run of the 2.5 acres, as well as the love of our hearts! She loves the water and makes a great first mate:)

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer
Great Pic! Our Lassie type collie is 12 yrs. and USED to look like that at play time.

Brings back memories!

patrickray

Petty Officer 1st Class

Close gcboat. But if any one here has ever had a "Buddy Glow Ball" Then you'll know what Im talking about. You just cant buy them anymore....

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post a pic of your buddy glow ball, so that we may know what you're talking about.:)

Nice dog.:) Nice grass too.:)

jbjennings

Captain

Nice doggie, Patrick! I just got a new one myself....makes even an ornery rascal like myself want to smile.:) here's a pic.

Attachments

• Katy and Winnie.jpg
    Katy and Winnie.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0

PW2

Commander

Good looking goldens

Don't know about the glow in the dark balls, tho. I used to have a golden, and a hot tub in the back yard, backed by a densely wooded area.

Late at nite, when I'd want to relax in the tub, she'd want to play chase the ball. We used just a standard tennis ball, and throw it as deep in the woods as possible, hoping she couldn't find it, knowing she'd never give up looking for it, in the hope of getting a bit of time to soak and relax.

She never failed to find it. And always too quickly.

One of her favorite pastimes was trying to find that ball under a foot of new fallen snow. It was comical to watch her search for it, but invariably she would find it!

If she could have talked, she'd have said glow in the dark balls are for wusses!

i386

Captain

Good looking goldens

Don't know about the glow in the dark balls, tho. I used to have a golden, and a hot tub in the back yard, backed by a densely wooded area.

Late at nite, when I'd want to relax in the tub, she'd want to play chase the ball. We used just a standard tennis ball, and throw it as deep in the woods as possible, hoping she couldn't find it, knowing she'd never give up looking for it, in the hope of getting a bit of time to soak and relax.

She never failed to find it. And always too quickly.

One of her favorite pastimes was trying to find that ball under a foot of new fallen snow. It was comical to watch her search for it, but invariably she would find it!

If she could have talked, she'd have said glow in the dark balls are for wusses!

My weim can finds tennis balls (and everything else) by smell. We can cover his eyes and roll it out into the woods and he'll track it down in no time. He either can't see very well or just chooses to use his nose because he still stiffs out things that are in plain sight. My lab otoh uses his sight. He will watch a fast moving ball and go right to it. You can't fake him out. He won't run until it's thrown. They work as a team too. The lab will get the weim into the general area very quickly and then he'll sniff it out and bring it back. Good ol' slobbery tennis ball.:D

patrickray

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Just had to share this. (Buddy Glow Ball)

Re: Just had to share this. (Buddy Glow Ball)

I posted a couple photos of the buddy glow balls. Its not that they glow in the dark. They just became their favortes. Goldens or labs can find something if they want to. My two, are batting 1000. Dont mater how, where or how deep. It gets found. So anyway, let me know if any of you can buy these in your area. I have looked on line, ebay and localy. They just dont make them any more.
And if you have a buddy, lets see him/her.

Happy 4th every one......:)

jan1108.jpg

Last edited: