1970 Sea King 7hp Oil mixture

lefty2053

Cadet
I traded off my old VW bug and got money and a boat with 3 motors with it. The one I think is newest is the 7HP Sea King. It has no stickers on it but on the bottom of the motor it shows: 70/2/6 which I would guess is the year of the motor. Aplying carb cleaner in it ,it fired up for 2 seconds. It has no gas tank but the fuel line connector going to the carb. Any idea what oil mixture I should use with the gas? Thanks in advance and I hope this is the correct forum for this message.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1970 Sea King 7hp Oil mixture

Need more info, lefty.

Some SK 7s were air cooled with adapted 1 cylinder chainsaw engines and some were water cooled twins. The oil and mix requirements are very different.

lefty2053

Cadet

Need more info, lefty.

Some SK 7s were air cooled with adapted 1 cylinder chainsaw engines and some were water cooled twins. The oil and mix requirements are very different.

I would guess it is water cooled. Very little air cooling fins on the motor. There was another number on it,900 4065 under the handle. Also the Carb shows something about OHIO trademark. No other info I can find on it.

JB

How many spark plugs? The water cooled twins had no fins.

lefty2053

Cadet

How many spark plugs? The water cooled twins had no fins.

One spark Plug, IT does look like there are some fins under the spark plug area just has some metal plates covering them. I did talk to a person that says Lowes has a oil mixture that covers 16 to 50 to 1 ratios. Called Pro Mix.

JB

That is an air cooled Tecumseh or Clinton powerhead, lefty.

Use chainsaw or weedwhacker oil at a 24:1 ratio.

Good luck. :)