Dim or Faded Mulifunction Yamaha Gauges

Seaflat

Recruit
Dim or Faded Mulifunction Yamaha Gauges

My multifunction gauges have been progressively getting worse and fading out. I think I have a ground problem due to some other symptoms. Is there a way to hook the gauge directly to a 12v power supply to see if the gauge itself is still working. I find it hard to believe they would both go out at the same time (or if its the sun maybe so). I have seen them get better then worse, so I think it?s just electrical. I saw some similar posts but none seemed to solve the problem. I know the blue wire is the nighttime nav light back light. Is there just a hot and and ground? If so could I hook these up and the gauge would just read whatever the defaults are such as 0, or empty or whatever? They are on a 98 225 saltwater series. I would like to test them to try to keep ruling out problems. If I could hook them up directly I could bypass the key switch which may be the problem....(boat runs ...just some accessory problems.

Thanks in advance.(not sure which forum so I am posting in electronics and Yamaha)