Don't know what to think - is Frederick a scapegoat?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
As a citizen of the USA I don't want us torturing POW's, on the other hand how far is "too far" when interogating enemy soldiers? The pics were embarassing, but enough to give this guy an 8-year sentence? Did he just think this stuff up, just for fun? Was it because he's just a sadistic *******? Did he really get a fair trial?<br /><br />Help me out - I'm skeptical about whether justice has really prevailed here. <br /><br />thanks,<br />john

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Don't know what to think - is Frederick a scapegoat?

Seems to me that this poor fellow is the "scapegoat" for his superiour officers!<br /><br />He claimed throughout the trial that he was following orders, yet none of his superiour officers were suspected or even testified in this case!<br /><br />This was a trial to appease the media, and give them the story they wanted! Nothing more!<br /><br />Did he get a fair trail? Not in my opinion!

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I definitely believe the guy is the scapegoat.<br /><br />If this were not being done according to instructions and or orders, it was, (at the very least), being done with the full knowledge and support of all superior officers and non-coms. If an officer in charge of this facility had this type of activity happening without his knowledge, he should be court martialed for dereliction of duty.<br /><br />There is no way, IMHO, that this was going on without (at the bare minimum) the knowledge and unspoken support of superiors.

spratt

Lieutenant

There is always a scapegoat in Military situations where higher ups are not allowed to take the blams. I fully beleive someone had to take th rap, and he agreed (have you read his statement?)...I believe there is going to be a reversal of his status in a short time, probably hush hush...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Scapegoat. End of report. Somebody high up in the administration is sending huge checks to his family. Underware on your head??? We did that in hazing in the 60's. One of the guys is a political figure in Buffalo now. Shows how bad it is.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Back thirty five years ago in the military you learnt early that all crap floats down hill!!!<br /><br />I remember that when the news first broke on this situation it was stated that if CIA etc: if involved, would not be prosecuted!!! But I also think it got out of hand!!!<br /><br />Which would you prefer,having to strip and have your picture taken or Be beheaded???? ;) :cool:

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

A scapegoat and a victim of political correctness. 8 years is waaaay over the top IMHO.

Homerr

Commander

They'll bury it. Guranteed.<br /><br />H.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br /> :) Which would you prefer,having to strip and have your picture taken or Be beheaded???? ;) :cool:
:D :D cheeeeeeeeese :D :D