Tilt and Trim issue

c_mcguill

Recruit
My tilt and trim went out 3 weeks ago. I have now replaced the tilt motor, Reservoir, and pump. Now the hammer will engage, but as soon as it fully extends the circuit breaker trips. Since these are after market replacement parts, do I need to upgrade the circuit breaker and/or relays? :confused:

P.S. the tilt and trim worked completely fine until the pump and motor went out!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt and Trim issue

You shouldn't have to change them.If you bought direct replacement parts they should do the same job.You sure all went back together right? No crossed wires?Nothing grounded out?.
Contact the dealer or get a name for the manufacturer and ask them.Jerry

c_mcguill

Recruit
Re: Tilt and Trim issue

I'll have to check with them tomorrow as they are closed now. This is an API Marine part number PT-116N-3. This is the replacement for my old Force 820545 on a Force 125. It did work fine before the shaft on the tilt motor stripped. I replaced the pump first before I foiund out the motor shaft was stipped. Now with the new motor, I'm getting some lift before the circuit breaker tripps (this did not happen with the old motor). I do now have a relay that sticks, so I will replace both of them. Just looking to see if I need to upgrade before I bought new one.

Thanks again. I will check with API tomorrow.