urgent: Carb Flooding

hey i need some help, my carb is flooding alot, and i rebuilt it yesterday, put it back on and it ran great, but now is dripping and cant even get the thing to sputter, i hate to admit but i dont think i did this to a professional level haha. SO is there something i can do? adjust the float? I took the top off the float chamber and noticed some water in the bottom of the bowl. what can i do about that? hopefully something quick and easy that i can adjust, any help would be awesome, thanks

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Re: urgent: Carb Flooding

Sounds like you have a couple of issues at the very least.

Regarding the drip - I don't know where it is dripping from, but the needle valve may have a little bit of trash in it keeping the valve from closing off. Maybe your float level is not right... lot of possibilities.

The water in the carb is obviously not solved by rebuilding the carb. You need to find out where it came from. Put a fuel water separator on and check the fuel tank for water.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Howdy,

Well there's a couple of things you can do.

1. Water..... Remove the water from your fuel tank.
expose your tank and remove the gage sender. tip the boat (or tank) to make the area where the sender is the lowest point and use a 1" piece of clear vinyl hose to siphon (vacuum) out all the debris and the rest of the fuel/water in the tank.

2. replace your water separator/fuel filter (or install one)

3. Go to a carb rebuilder and replace your carb.
Flying Fish flow-tests all their carbs before shipping them and they're not all that expensive.
http://www.marinecarburetor.com/index.html

Cheers,

Rick

okay, so i cant really find detailed coverage of exactly to adjust the float height cause when i measure it (correctly) it looks too high. can someone point me the way to some pictures? and should i use the spring in the needle? how does that setup look compared to the solid one? what gets me is that it ran so good yesterday....

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.....

Here's the Manual,....... Look it up.....