Damaged 1997 Fisher Pontoon-Side Panel Replacement?

ryanwallace1976

Recruit
Does anyone know where/if I can find old Fisher exterior panels? Or recommend a way to fix the following problem?

I dented the corner of front left exterior panel that runs from the side door to the front door, curving around to form the front left corner of the fence, and was hoping to find a replacement for it.

Model: 1997 FISHER 240 VLX

I have the VIN # and colors.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
RW

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Damaged 1997 Fisher Pontoon-Side Panel Replacement?

Either try to work it out with a wide stick like a paint stirring stick or call Fisher for a new rail, replacing just the panel is really hard, even the guys at work can only get that to work 50% of the time.

That part can only be had from Fisher, rails are very specific and often different between different models, we have probly 3-4 different port front rails for each boat at Bennington.

I would try everything to rub it out myself as a new rail is pretty salty.

Good luck.

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Damaged 1997 Fisher Pontoon-Side Panel Replacement?

Yea I tried to replace only the sheet metal for the same area on my boat.
The aluminum they use for the tubing is very hard stuff (alloy wise). When I tried to pry open the flange on the tubing even a little bit, it would just break off. And I could not get the new sheet into the groove without opening it a little bit, not even in the straight area let alone try to get it to go around the corner. The manufacturer must bend the rail assy. after the sheet metal is in place.
I ended up putting the sheet metal up to the tubing along with a nice automotive vinyl trim molding and riveting them to the tubing.