1992 Yamaha 200 Problem

fishbuster229

Recruit
This is my first post and hear good things about this forum and have a question on a Yamaha.I have a 1992 Yamaha 200 hp 2 stroke that reduces rpm once i get up to 3400 rpm after about 15 seconds as if its running out of fuel. recently put in E10 back in march with a new racor fuel/water separtor and the boat has been on its trailer ever since. i usually start it up once a week to keep new fuel in the bowls. but was wondering was would cause this problem? also on the clear filter before the fuel pumps ive noticed some air so i tightened and checked all my connections and everything was fine. ive checked all the spark plugs/coils to make sure they had spark and they did and my compression was at 120 and the bottom two were at 110. was wondering what was causing this? fuel/water separtor(changed but havent load tested it yet), carbs, kinks in the fuel line, high speed jet in the carbs, etc? thanks
Randy

birdbrain

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1992 Yamaha 200 Problem

if the fuel bulb was still hard when it dies then I'd begin searching on the engine side, if it was soft or collapsed then I'd look down stream for air leaks or restrictions, toward your new filter and tank sending unit.

scottcmb

Seaman

do a search of the forum on some of Rodbolts posts on E-10 fuel.....you might find some info there as to where to start looking.......ya never know that maybe putting that type of fuel in your boat started a bit of a chain reaction....especially if you had a small amount of water in your tank to begin with......just a possibilty:):)

fishbuster229

Recruit

thanks for the help. ive checked to see if its the anti-siphon valve and there wasnt one so i tried to blow the intake to see if there was stuff on the sceens and it appeared fine. also on the fuel/water seperator there was a small amount of water but not much, just a few drops. but ive read were people said the same thing but there was crub on the filter so i just decided to change it out. also the fuel bulb wasnt rock hard, but you could still squeeze the bulb. so im going to be doing these things in the next few days-do a pressure and vacuum test on the fuel pumps, clean the carbs and seeing where it gets me. but if you guys have any other things to do or had this happen to you guys and suggestion will help
Randy