arab tsunami relief

rolmops

Vice Admiral
I just read that saudi Arabia has donated more that 150 million dollars to the families of suicide bombers and about 35 million for tsunami relief.I will double check these numbers and get back to this thread.<br />edit<br />I just checked some more numbers and although the 35 million is correct,the 150 million was not just used for suicide bombers but for other purposes as well.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: arab tsunami relief

rolmops, not trying to hijack, but I read somewhere that the people that are over there helping these poor people are being shot at.<br />Have you heard this?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Spinner, I think those shooting stories are being blow out of proportion by the media. All I have heard is a lone gunman shooting into the sky.<br /><br />No other confirmed reports, and trust me, I am looking.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The world is just getting geared up to giving to those poor people, I am certain in the next few years the donations will far surpass any donations ever before.<br /><br />Lets not judge the donation amount now, lets judge in one year from now.<br /><br />Plus, honestly, to rebuild over there will be really cheap. Labor and materials are a fraction of what it would cost here in the USA.<br /><br /><br />But I see what you are saying. I think those families effected by the suicide bombers should sue those that sponsor them. Talk about deep pockets.<br /><br />Ken

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br />But I see what you are saying. I think those families effected by the suicide bombers should sue those that sponsor them. Talk about deep pockets.
We have already, and we won. But to the disamy of me and 241 other families, the Department of Justice is doing everything it can to keep the money from being collected. The families of the marines killed in 1983 won their lawsuit against Iran almost 2 years ago, and not a cent has been collected, and unless some laws are changed, no money will be collected, ever. We're doing everything we can, but our biggest obstacle now is the US government.<br /><br />But there's hope. Right now there is legislation being written that would allow the victims of state-sponsored terrorism to collect their entitled damages. It is Congressional bill H.R. 4875 for anyone who is interested.