no pee on muffs???

BeerMonkey

Seaman
so i wanted to make sure my charging system is working after getting my new dual batt setup installed and i hooked the muffs up like normal and fired it up and i go back to check waters flowing like its supposed to nothing its coming out by the prop a bit and a hole on the front of the lower unit by the top of it but nothing out the pee hole/tub thing. i shut it down immedetly(sp?) i had no problems last time i was out on the water or the last time i used the muffs. any ideas what happend? im gonna take it down to the lake tommorow and just back it in and fire it up to see ehat happens

Nandy

Commander
Re: no pee on muffs???

Check if your port is plugged. I had muddaubbers more than one time on mine. Get a wire and make sure the passage is clear.

BeerMonkey

Seaman

what should i do , just take the plastic cover off and jam a peice of wir eup there?

BeerMonkey

Seaman

should i judt replace th empller , how hard is that. thats on the top of the lower unit correct?

Nandy

Commander

Use a piece of wire. Stick it in the pee hole, it would not hurt to disconnect the hose from the motor. You should service your water pump every 2 to 3 years. This is very easy done but I cannot tell you as I dont know what motor you have. Im assuming this is a ob.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

If you have never changed out the waterpump and impeller then now is the time.