this is messed up (funny)

rdnk_4_lf

Petty Officer 3rd Class
well yesterday the 20th we bought a set of controls and the motor that went with it we actually bought it for the controls but when we got the motor and the controls home we hooked up the controls on our good motor that we know runs it didnt even turn over we got out old ones and hooked them back up and it started right up so i looked over at my dad and we both said 'huh' i bet thats all that is wrong with that other motor (the guy we bought it off of said it was the trigger and power pack) so we took out old controls put them on that other motor and it turned over and set and idled for 5 minutes or until i noticed that the pee hole in the side off the motor wasnt peeing so i guess your wandering what kind of motor this is it a 1978 merc 1000 or 100 hp that runs its worth at least what 500 600$ we give 50 fifty bucks it was worth it right :):):) but now we are wandering what would have caused the pee hole not to pee would it be the impeller ???

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: this is messed up (funny)

Could be the impeller or it could be that some mud daubers decided to build a nest in the tube. Rub a piece of weed wacker line up the tube to make sure its clear. If the motor has been sitting you might want to replace the impeller anyway as they can dry rot from sitting.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

And use a couple of periods and capital letters in your next post. I'm and old phart and can't read sentences that long without taking a deep breath. :)

rdnk_4_lf

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok, im sorry! I just got a little carried away. yeah, we are replacing the impeller, and the lower unit fluid. i do need 90w oil right?

rdnk_4_lf

Petty Officer 3rd Class

we got the impeller in ,and instead of spraying a constant stream at idle its like a spray bottle ,but it is blowing the water out about 3 feet away from the motor ,and we are putting l/u fluid in it before we take it out an the lake. by the way what would cause the controls to idle down in reverse and in idle way up in forward? i am afraid to put it into forward it revs so high its like 2500 rpm and it idles an 1000 rpm anyone understand that

j_martin

Admiral

Like the guy said, get a book.

Your cables are out of adjustment.

hope it helps
John

rdnk_4_lf

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yeah that is my next investment when i get it back from the shop if the controls are still messed up