Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Just curious to know if dogs can distinguish each of the 5 flavors? :confused: I can't, they all taste the same to me. :eek: I feel my dog is getting ripped off. :mad:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits

SS, you have to figure a dogs sense of smell is 7 times stronger than a human so maybe they can tell the difference.

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

LMAO I thought that too, but was never crazy enough to try one myself

SpinnerBait_Nut

Let me put it like this, a dog can smell one drop of blood in 5 quarts of water.<br /><br />Dogs can sense odors at concentrations nearly 100 million times lower than humans can and that's a bunch.<br /><br />Just some FYI.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by SS MAYFLOAT:<br /> Just curious to know if dogs can distinguish each of the 5 flavors? :confused: I can't, they all taste the same to me. :eek: I feel my dog is getting ripped off. :mad:
Your dog could'nt care less, he/she will faithfully eat the milkbones just to please you ;) <br /> You are the one getting ripped off :eek: :D :D

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My dog wont eat the milk-bones,unless you act like your going to take it from her.She likes the T-bones and bacon strips.My youngest son and the cat both like the T-bones too :eek: They smell pretty good,maybe I should try one :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Now wait a minuet there Elmer. I just finished laying out all 5 flavors in front of him. He first ate the chicken one, sniffed at the others and choose bacon as his next. Then peanut butter and beef. Apparently SBN is right about their ability to smell since he left the vegetable for last. :p

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

If their smelling is so good why do smell each others rear-ends? :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

M&R, believe it or not, it has to do with trust between the dogs. Something in the line where they can smell fear in humans, they can smell trust in other dogs that way.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well i sure am glad we use different senses to determin if we trust someone :)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> M&R, believe it or not, it has to do with trust between the dogs. Something in the line where they can smell fear in humans, they can smell trust in other dogs that way.
i was told me that dogs greet by sniffing each other rear ends, kinda like us shaking hands :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

she once said to me upon our initial introduction at a party..."you smell great! what do you have on?"<br /><br />Well, says I, " I did not think you could smell it, I have a h**d on".

ebbtide176

Commander

well, i was thinking that they must be able to turn their sniffers off, cause if they got 100million times the scent of that cat turd mustache they like to wear, they'd be dead by now. i can't hardly stand to be within 10' of cat scat, and a dog will happily go over and munch on it... :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Originally posted by ebb:<br /> well, i was thinking that they must be able to turn their sniffers off, cause if they got 100million times the scent of that cat turd mustache they like to wear, they'd be dead by now. i can't hardly stand to be within 10' of cat scat, and a dog will happily go over and munch on it... :D <br />* * *<br />Ebb, Maybe a dog thinks eating cat scat gets rid of the smell. Could be the proof that dogs can't taste crap. Might just be why those dog biscuits taste the same. It doesn't matter to the dog after all. I think the paint fumes is gettttttiiinnng toooooooo strrrrooooonnn gggg......

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by ebb:<br /> i can't hardly stand to be within 10' of cat scat, and a dog will happily go over and munch on it... :D
I hurd that,something about it.If I had to take care of the cat box it would be bye-bye kitty

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My dog prefers the cat food over anything. She gets it often, cause when she runs out, I just feed her the cat food till the next store run.<br /><br />Ken

sangerwaker

Commander

Ours too, Ken. I swear that dog meows. Weird thing is one of our cats likes the dog's food. They stand next to each other and share. It's kinda cute actually.<br /><br />Oh yeah, he likes the cat box too. Nothing like having him come up and try to give you a big kiss with.....ummmm....bad breath.