2004 Volvo SX Trim sender adjustment

ven0msho

Recruit
Greetings, new to the forum, but I came across this thread:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=189061

But the data that gives the resistance ranges of the trim sender is no longer in the thread. Here is the issue I am working on.

We recently had to have the drive pulled to replace a leaking bellows which resulted in rust in the gimbal bearing.

Shortly after having that corrected the trim indicator jumps from full down to full up as the drive is run towards the very bottom of the trim range. I suspect the sender just needs adjusted - where would I do this and what resistance ranges do I wan the sender adjusted for?

Am I correct in suspecting that when pulling the outdrive to service the gimbal bearing this adjustment was possibly disturbed? Taking it back to the shop that did the gimbal bearing is an option but it is about an hour each way. Meaning taking it back will take two plus hours of my time, and $30 in gas.

Also I see references here in searching to SX-A drives how do I determine which we have? The drive is labeled as "SX" and is installed on a 2004 Glastron GX185.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 2004 Volvo SX Trim sender adjustment

The SX-A drives didn't come out till late 2006 so you don't have to worry about having one of them.

Yes, the sender would have been removed in order to remove the pivot pins from the bellhousing to remove the bellows. So they probably forgot to go back and adjust it. Here is the process.

TrimAdjustDPS.jpg

ven0msho

Recruit
Re: 2004 Volvo SX Trim sender adjustment

Thanks for the speedy reply. Doesn't sound like a simple procedure, but if I pull the top cover is it all right there?

Thanks again!

The SX-A drives didn't come out till late 2006 so you don't have to worry about having one of them.

Yes, the sender would have been removed in order to remove the pivot pins from the bellhousing to remove the bellows. So they probably forgot to go back and adjust it. Here is the process.

TrimAdjustDPS.jpg