Filling holes in transom

Pods

Seaman Apprentice
I removed a swim ladder that was on the transom of my boat. The screws that were removed did not go thru to the inside of the boat. I guess they went into the transom ~ 1". What is the material I can plug these holes with that will prevent water entry and damaging the transom. Also the color of the boat is black and can you color the material that will be placed in the holes? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pods

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Filling holes in transom

marine tex, i don't know if it comes in black. you may have to get some gothic black fingernail polish.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

marine tex, i don't know if it comes in black. you may have to get some gothic black fingernail polish.

... gothic black fingernail polish?

LOL :D

Do you have a house full of daughters?

Since you mentioned it, how does fingernail polish holdup? I have a small scratch in my Black hull paint.

cmcpherson

Banned

Can Marine Tex be colored with tints such as you would use for gel coat?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

this is from marine tex faq
"Can I pigment Marine-Tex?

Only the White Marine-Tex can be pigmented. No pure color will be achieved by adding pigments. (We recommend epoxy-friendly pigments, like Fibre-Glass Evercoat's.)"

i have no idea, how finger nail polish would work. i do know the use it in the granite counter top business, to touch up a nick.

it was meant more tongue in cheek. i have used spray paint, to liven up old, stain carpet in a boat. works great.

fdmsiv

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had to make some black epoxy one time, just used graphite. It is sold as lock lubricant, but I figured there wasn't that much difference b/w powered graphite and wood flour. Turned out pretty good.