weird gauge readings

oops!

Supreme Mariner
hi guys....i got my bliner on the water.

it seems good but the gauges are reading weird....
the oil press jumps around....at approx 4000 rpm it reads good...at 4100 it reads about 5 lbs pressure :eek:....it drops and fluctuates like its an electrical prob......(i felt the motor and it was really cool....a weak oil would make it run hotter)

the tach also seems to be out....the engine reasd 5700 at wot. !
3L, 4 banger, 19 foot capri with alpha 1 19 pitch

i just cant see a 4 banger diong a hair shy of 6 grand with out coming apart at the seams....and it doesnt sound like 5700....sounds more like 4500 to me

the gas gauge doesnt work also.....

i have a guru here that can fix it.....(toucan).....but i thought id ask for some possible places to start.......and if there is any other info you need.

(p.s the speedo it not working also...but that is a pitot prob im fixing tonight)

cheers guys
oops

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: weird gauge readings

B-liners use plugin connections.Take them off and spray WD-40 in and on them.The oil sender could need replacing or tightening(connection).
The tach might have a setting dial on the back look and turn it.Put a dwell/tach on see if it's right. You might have to replace.Gas guage ground out the pink wire and see what happens to your guage.It should peg it.
If not the sender is probably bad.
1st thing is make sure all connections are tight.A bad ground on your wiring harness can give you fits.Jerry

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: weird gauge readings

awesome,

thank you

cheers
oops