Mariner wiring problem...further review

My original thread read as such:

"This concerns a 2000? Mariner 200HP carbuerated motor. I am on the downhill run coming off a 3 month rebuild. I pulled my wiring harness to the console. I have a new switch, which has identical wire markings as harness. I attached all wires (red to red, blk to blk..etc.) and the neutral kill switch went in between the ylw/red wire on harness and switch. I turn the key and I get nothing. I checked voltage at the red and blk of harness wires and i get nothing. I checked voltage at the motor and I have 12.4. I feel like there is a key step I am overlooking. Any ideas?"

Upon looking at the wiring diagram closer, I think my problem may be Lanyard stop switch. I do not have one of these, but I am thinking that the blk/yel wire may be my problem. Any suggestions?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mariner wiring problem...further review

The lanyard emergency kill switch will only ground the black/yellow killer wire that goes to the switchbox. If you do not have voltage at the starter solenoid, you have another problem. Make sure the neutal start safety switch is working, or no juice will get to the starter solenoid. The electric choke (wire to the enrichener) should always have voltage when the key is in the run position. Ditto the accessory wire (purple)

Re: Mariner wiring problem...further review

I have 12.4 at the starter. I just don't have any ignition when I turn the key. I have all wires from harness connected to like colored wires on key switch, except I have the ylw/red connected thru the shifter kill switch. I guess my question is, if I don't have a kill switch, what do I do with the ylw/blk wire?