New Century 2102

Cman1216

Cadet
Well I took delivery on my new (07) Century 2102 Saturday Morning. It is powered with a new (08) Yamaha F150 4-Stroke. Everything seemed fine until I got home and found it was missing one of it's batteries! That was just the start. I fired it up at home and boy did she pure like a kitten. On sunday I towed it seventy miles to Lake Somerville just North of Brenham Texas. I launched at Welch Park around 10:00 AM. The ramps were very busy so when I backed it off the trailer I continued to just back out of everyones way. Big mistake! As I went to ease into forward gear the wouldn't move. Thats right no forward gear to get back to the peir let alone pickup my wife on the dock. Well, after getting a very humiliating tow back in I jumped into the water and went all the troubles of reloading the boat, buying more gas for the truck and driving back home absolutly beside myself. This morning (Monday) I took half a day off work and pulled it anoth sixty miles back to the dealer. It seems some throttle bracket was install backwards from the factory and they repaired it before I even went through the office doors. What a time to say the least. I hope this isn't an omen of things to come. I will be picking it back up Thursday.