twim outboards and skiing

gdplaya

Cadet
Hello,

This may be a silly question, but can you waterski/wakeboard behind a twin engine boat? Or can you leave one out of the water and just use one? It would be nice to have twin engines for speed and safety when going out to fish to the deep blue, but I do want to be able to ski when its nice and flat.

Thanks

Gerry

Bondo

Staff member
Re: twim outboards and skiing

Ayuh,.....

With a Qualified Operator at the Wheel,.....

You can Ski behind a Battleship..... Twin Outboards should be a piece of Cake....

gdplaya

Cadet

True... I guess, my question was more on the lines of do you get a funky wake with the twins? or is it still skiable? and can you use just one outboard to have a better wake? Surfing behind a Battleship sound more fun... :cool:

G

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

More than a few feet behind the boat, the wake is the same as a single engine setup.

gdplaya

Cadet

Jay,

Thanks for the info, that helps out in the decision process. I will try to get out with a friend who has a double to try it out. Any other inputs on this?

G

stevewolverton

Petty Officer 1st Class

Jay,

Thanks for the info, that helps out in the decision process. I will try to get out with a friend who has a double to try it out. Any other inputs on this?

G

What size boat is doing the towing? Are you talking about waterskiing, or wakeboarding? If it's wakeboarding, and it's a big boat, that could be a lot of fun! :D

gdplaya

Cadet

Hey Steve,

It would be about a 23 ft center console fishing boat. I think mostly wakeboarding because it will not be flat enough for slalom. I agree, it should be fun on the wakeboard. :cool:
G

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

no problem. i like the challenge of rough water.