Help Ramp for my boat

adviner

Cadet
Hi all,
I have a pontoon boat (voyager express 25') that weights about 2600lb plus the trailer that i'm not sure about the weight. I need to put it in our side yard but I have a 6" high curve that i need to get it over. I was thinking of just building a ramp made of 2x4 2' long wood. I'm not sure if this is stable or would work. Does anyone know if this would work, have plans on building a ramp or where to buy one?

Thanks
Eric

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Help Ramp for my boat

Ayuh,....

Throw down a length of 4X4, then a 2X4....

It'll be a 2" rise onto the 2X4, then a 2" rise to the 4X4, then a 2" rise over the Curb......

adviner

Cadet

Man, why the easiest solutions escaped me. Thanks so much

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

be sure you motor is all the way up. and have some one watch it as you go up.

john from md

Commander

If you throw a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood over the 4x4s and 2x4s it will make a smoother transition over the 2 inch difference as it will contour to the ground as you pull across it. I have done this a time or two and never had a problem.

Regards,

John

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

And then nail or screw thru the plywood into the boards. Because when the drive wheels get to the plywood or the boards without plywood, the drive wheels will want to roll them out into the street. Then your tow vehicle will have a hard time going up the 6" curb again.

Or at least install an angle iron type of clip or two to the underside of the plywood. Then use the leg of the clips as a hook to the lawn side of the curb.