Oh crap

jmelzark

Seaman Apprentice
It was the day before Thanksgiving last year and I had it off so I decided to go fishing on the Skagit river. It was cold for the northwest around 25 degrees or so. I launched the sled at frist light and headed up river to some of my favorite drifts. At about 7 am I need to relive myself number 2. So i beached the sled let the anchor out (just barley touching the ground) and walked up into the trees. As i was doing my thing i heard a few other sleds go by. Just as i was finishing i look up and hey there goes my sled gentle down river. I grab trou and start running down river catch up and have to jump into 36 degree water with 25 degree outside and catch the boat. Well I caught the boat was completly soaked and had to call the day short. Dam near got frostbite heading back to the launch. I guess when the other two sleds went by they caused a big enuff wake to get my boat to head down stream and with the anchor barley out it just hung from the bow.........learned my leason no more 2 eggs three bacon and hasbrowns at the greasy spoon befre hitting the river...........

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Oh crap

I always tie off to a large tree on the shore and leave lots of line out if it is a rocky shore line (weak bladder and full breakfast). I would hate to have to do a swim like that but you cant lose your sled. Glad you were able to get your boat back with water and air temps that cold hypothermia sets in real quick.

INJUN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Oh crap

I'm glad everything came out okay:D