Did anyone see that shocking video of Lake Delton in Wisconsin?

rocket1968

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The whole lake emptied after its banks were breached. It is where the Tommy Bartlett ski show is at.

rndn

Commander
Re: Did anyone see that shocking video of Lake Delton in Wisconsin?

I saw that. It looked like something out of a movie.

IES99

Petty Officer 1st Class

The whole lake emptied after its banks were breached. It is where the Tommy Bartlett ski show is at.

Saw the video!. That lake is gone.

SooLineRob

Seaman Apprentice

I saw the video this morning myself. Very sad news. We vacationed there several years ago. Great family vacation spot, lots of fun things to do. My sympathies to the residents of Lake Delton, the loss of the lake is terrible news.

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

fear they didn t have flood insurance, they were high and dry who would figure a flood would wash away the earth beneath them.

tony4pyro

Cadet

I live an hour and a half from the Dells and have gone there every summer for as long as I can remember. 2 Weeks ago i was passing through the area and decided to stop and gawk at this natural disaster. Standing in the middle of the mudhole that used to be Lake Delton, looking at all the resorts with their piers still there and some of their boats grounded was a very sad feeling. I hope they can somehow rebuild the lake soon or one of our state's great attractions (Wisconsin Dells) may be lost.

chrisg

Chief Petty Officer

I must have missed it, This must have happened when we got flooded here in Iowa, I was lucky I did not have my boats in the water, but I was worried that my new deck, which over looked the water, was going to be washed away.

I have some pics of pontoons going through our dam. ( I bet that does not do well for the dam). I wonder where all this stuff ends up?
I only lost my docks!