yamaha 50hp starting problem

john0974

Cadet
hello everyone hoping someone can help me with my problem i have an e48c yamaha motor,need help knowing where the white wire goes from the cdi unit assembly,also the 2 green wires off lightning coil assembly r those wires rite going to the black box as i am a noob with motors,the engine has spark fuel compression and all the timing is correct and it still refuses to kick over its pull start anyone have any ideas thanx have inserted a foto hopes this helps my 12yr old hanging to go fishing again

Attachments

• 100_5181.JPG
    100_5181.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 0

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: yamaha 50hp starting problem

the green leads are for battery charging or A/C lighting, the white wire goes to ground Via the stop switch for engine shut down, be aware there is 150 V or better on it when the engine is running or cranking :) it can suprise you :)

listen, its suck, squeeze, bang and blow.
if you have spark at the correct time, compression and fuel and exhaust it has no choice but to run.
find which one you lost.
double check the flywheel timing marks are actually agreeing with the physical position of the piston.
most the time your issue will be traced back to carbs.

john0974

Cadet
Re: yamaha 50hp starting problem

thanx for ur help rod i connected the white wire and tried again but nothing again has all spark compression and fuel carbs just been rebuillt they r like new does the ac lightning ment to light up when tested as it doesnt so i believe lightning coil could be problem what is the easiest way to test this coil thanx again rod ur a champ