Fuel management system??

muskie hunter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am looking for a gauge that tells gph used and fuel remaining in the tank. I thought I saw one in cabelas bargain cave but cannot find it.
Where can I find one and what is the usual price for one? This is for a 7.4 bravo II carbed engine.

pjrogers

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Fuel management system??

Google Flo-Scan for upscale meters, and Navman for downscale gauges. They can be bought at the Iboats store, various places online, and thru ebay. I had a Navman F2100 on our carb'd 4.3LX - it worked fine. So long as you kept track of how much fuel you put IN the tank, it would tell you how much was left. Plus it gave you the usual info about GPH.

erikgreen

Captain

Also Lowrance LMF-200 and LMF-400 with the EP-10 fuel sensor are cheap, and can display other NMEA-2000 data as well.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Navman was acquired by Northstar and what was the Navman 2100 is now the Northstar 310. It will NOT tell you MPG but if you have a locator with a distance log, or a gps, you can determine MPG easily. There is no real magic to operating the monitors. You read the meter (gallons remaining) and add to it, the amount of fuel you added. It then can provide gallons per hour (instant and average), gallons used total since reset, gallons used this trip and gallons remaining.