My Winner 1850

gizzy

Seaman
Been a while since I been hear. Stu I found out my top head is a 225hp. No wonder my boat fliesat 65mph. Also my out drive blew out. Big ouch but I got a good used one and a new shifter which was getting wore out all done for $1000.00..Got lucky on that one. Anyhow I'm looking at these out board trolling motors. They are minn kota Rt160 Em's. They have 160lbs of thrust. I'm just wondering how they would work? Anyone ever hear about these? I'm just looking for a gas saver. Anyhow hi everyone and I haven't been here awhile...

Jethros

Seaman
Re: My Winner 1850

I am sad to say I sold my 1850 to someone that wanted to put a 250 on the back. I took the 150 off and he bought it as was and 3 day later he called me back to let me know it went 65 but started to chine walk so he didnt go faster. His feet are wet from the weight of the motor drops below the floor line so he will be putting another 150 optimax. I should have told him it has an 85 to 175 hp rating. I also was told that the T-Top was so heavy it crushed the front storage compartment under the floor.