More thugs/inner city sh*theads hangin around marinas???

jepps3

Cadet
Have you guys noticed an influx of otherwise notable gansters hanging around marinas lately and disturbing the usual calm that WAS associated with boating?

There have been reports of these thugs roaming around at night stealing props and other part off of boats. Some of them even swim by the docks and loosen the drain plugs off boats while in the water!!! The day is coming where you'll start to see "Boat Alarms"

Once they hit the boating community where else can we go????

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: More thugs/inner city sh*theads hangin around marinas???

Where's your boat docked..downtown Basra ??,move the boat,there are plenty of marinas with security,my boats docked in a very nice part of town and there's still 24hr security & cameras,all the walkramps are code protected,full lighting,and theres 3 liveaboards,never any Thugs,or folks who don't have a GOOD reason to be there.

fishmen111

Chief Petty Officer

Don't know where you live my friend, but no issues here. All the crooks here are busy running our city. Many boats in this area are live aboards and most have guns. Boats are less safe in your yard than at one of our marinas.

fdmsiv

Petty Officer 1st Class

The thugs around here are so involved in living the gansta life and shooting each other that there really is no time for them to get out and explore other activities to fill their time

the crooks at my marina have nicer boats than i do.......:D

jepps3

Cadet

That's true!!!! You can always point out the big boats in Miami that belong to a drug dealer.

Just look at the boat names they have..."Slangin the Rocks" , "Dealin It" , "New Jack Hustla", "8 ounces", "Dimebag a Dozen", "Makin Endz", "Da Kind", "Great White powder"

cbear34

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WOW!! Where do you keep your boat?
I just park mine in the garage :D.

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

They're out there all right. A couple boarded my dad's Chris Craft one night years ago. Stupid buggers chose to do it on the weekend when he was on it sleeping instead of a weekday when they would have had it all to themselves.
Sadly, as handguns are frowned upon at Canadian marinas he had to improvise with a flare pistol and big handheld searchlight. Says it was pretty funny watching them trip over each other in their (literally) blind haste to disembark and high tail it up back up the dock.