1986 21' Bayliner Capri Restoration

CapriRestorer

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, I recently found a big Bayliner project boat that I am about to purchase (I found a huge gash in the hull under the gas tank in my last project, so I decided to sell it:(). The floor is intact in this boat, but it is extremely soft (all of the original upholstery is good). The engine is a Volvo Penta AQ131A that has not been started in six years (although I think the guy winterized it before he let it sit). I know the engine is relatively small, but I do not want to add to much weight in redoing the floor. Is there a way to install a sturdy floor without weighing the boat down to much?? Also, does anyone know how fast this boat went with its stock interior??

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1986 21' Bayliner Capri Restoration

sorry capri. i mised thiss one.....

as far as speed.....check the mannufacturer....they'll know.

get the motor running before you start rippin..!

and the thing about a deck removal.....is that the old one uasually weighs more than the new one. !

but if your really worried about weight....use thinner wood for the deck and glass it with epoxy.....= strong and light

CapriRestorer

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1986 21' Bayliner Capri Restoration

Wow, the old floors usually weigh more than the new ones?? I always heard that older Bayliners were made much cheaper than the newer ones ( as far as floors go). That is why I asked about the weight of the new floor. As far as the floor installation/ removal goes, I think Tashasdaddys links just about covers it (I am actually still reading through a few of them). Thanks again for the replies and the pictures.