evinrude motor pricing

gabreil

Recruit
I am looking at a 1995 eveinrude intruder 15 horse with tilt and trim, super low hours checked out and pressure tested lower unit runs good on stand. I is it worth $4,000.00 no controls or prop. dealer says it has only 10 hours on it??? looks clean enough to be true , also anyone know if its enough to power a 24 foot aluminum lone star--this is about a 2400 lb boat. original motors where twin 40s.

Kamcoman

Cadet
Re: evinrude motor pricing

If you could saw a 2000 pound chunk off the boat, a 15 horse motor should power the 400 pounds that are left pretty good! Surely, you can't be serious. :eek:

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Is this real? a 15 hp on a 24 ft boat i dont care if its a canoe it will just go like 4 mph? that would work as a kicker on that boat for trolling! And 4K for a 13yr old moter? this is 2008! i think you need to find another motor, use that money and buy you as good of 90hp as you can buy.

-nate

jbjennings

Captain

DO you mean a 115hp evinrude? If the boat was made for twin 40hp's, I would think the 115hp would be plenty and get better fuel mileage than twin 40's, but is the boat rated for a 115hp motor? Also, I totally agree with the others, a 13 year old motor isn't worth 4000 unless it was new in box and came with a warranty. What kind of warranty IS he offering on that high-dollar used motor? Also, how about a pic of that 24 foot aluminum boat? I've never seen one. what style of boat is it?
JBJ
BTW, I'll bet those merc guys got a big kick out of this question on their thread.:D