95-70hp Force skipping :need advice

shrimpman123

Seaman Apprentice
, can that exhaust side cover palte,etcc...leak water into the cylinders,an di f so where can i get those gaskets>??

Last edited:

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 95-70hp Force...attn ROSCOE

Re: 95-70hp Force...attn ROSCOE

It's probably not leaking on the exhaust side.Those gasket can be had at any Mercury dealer. Jerry

shrimpman123

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 95-70hp Force:need advice

jerry, ive got a miss that i think is water,fixed all the fuel areas that could bring in water to the engine,so no water from the fuel, replaced the suspected head gasket today and still,has a miss, installed new stator ,coils,plugs,wires,havent replaced the trigger,but it does have a crack in the top,where its filled in with plastic or glue or whatever they seal it up with.carb redone,too,starting to get the force aint with me blues here.

shrimpman123

Seaman Apprentice

also has a new cd box,power pack.,top 2 cylinders were clean like,washed sort of, bottom cylinder had usual carbon deposits.Ignition problem or water??have seen a little bit of very small beading of water in plugs,,when i pull the plugs after running it on muffs, top 2 plugs are wet(fuel)bottom plug black but dry. ideas .?????

Last edited:

shrimpman123

Seaman Apprentice

anyone have an answer to the "water from the exhaust side question"? is it possible for water to in the cyl from the exhaust port side.we have good compression on all cylinders,using proper method,removing all plugs on warm engine with a screw in tester etc...all parts replaced are either new,or from a running engine with a bad lower end.one other thing that i wonder about is when timing the engine, the timing mark jumps around a bit ,like you would see in a car when the timing chain or belt has streched etc..or would that be just coming from the engine skipping??

rudedude

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 95-70hp Force skipping :need advice

Have you changed your fuel pump parts?

Most times it has a small pin hole in it and people think its a electiral problem.

shrimpman123

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 95-70hp Force skipping :need advice

yep i did that pretty much first, cheap place to start, i did find it was in need of rebuilding,so i fixed that.im stumped here. anybody wanna buy a force,!!