Nauticus Smart Tabs SX

wngnut

Recruit
After doing much reading here on these tabs I went and purchased a set. After installing and testing I found that both "shocks" broke free from the mount at the bottom of the tab. I am curious if anyone else has had this issue? The bottom of the "shock" has a plastic screw that screws into the mounting bracket which in turn gets mounted onto the tab by a pin. It broke free from where that plastic screw is. I had them in there default position which was the middle hole. Since than I have tried emailing nauticus but have not received any responses(3 weeks :/ ) so Im trying here. I have also re-screwed the shock back to its mounting bracket and changed it to the outermost hole. After taking it out again they did remain intact but that is not how it should be. I should be able to adjust it to any hole without them breaking free. I followed the instructions and triple checked all my work I cannot see where I may have caused this problem. Any advice?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Nauticus Smart Tabs SX

Nauticus stands 100% behind there product. Call John at Nuaticus.

Nauticus, Inc 8080 Snowville Rd. Brecksville OH 44141 800-233-0194 info@nauticusinc.com

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Wngnut;
I have just found that our Website email was not linking correctly to my outlook program. What happened, I can not tell you, but I did receive the emails. All fo the emails that I answered are stuck in my "out Box", and never went through. I have our IT service coming today to find out what is wrong.

In the mean time you should call me. If I am thinking correctly, you mounted the transom braket on the slanted portion of the support section for the swim platform. When the Tabs are pushed up they are wedged against the mounting ramp and stress the end fitting. This may not be clear at this time but we do have a solution for you and if you call we will get the replacement parts to you ASAP.

Use the 800 number (free) on the back of the instructions (800-233-0194). If you are not in Cananda or the USA then call 440-746-1290. leave me you number and I will call you back.

Very sorry for the srew up in our communication.

nlain

Commander

Call John as stated above.

bhammer

Ensign

I just installed my set. I questioned the plastic parts and thought to myself, hmmm. But then again, there is nothing to corrode. I did make it to the lake this past weekend but did not manage to test them out right. After hitting the water and heading out, I managed to grind my prop up pretty bad before I was able to test everything out. They did stay attached but I noticed a much different spray pattern off the back.

Once I get a new prop, i have to test and make sure all is set up properly. I took parameters before I removed a whale tail, after I removed and now I just need to get back out and test again.

As John said in his post, give him a call. They have been pretty stand up folks with me.

FusionFrank

Seaman Apprentice

I too, just installed a set of Smart Tabs and had them out for one test on the lake. Initially, they were everything I have heard about them and I was totally impressed. After being out for a couple of hours, the boat started listing real hard to the port side, I knew something was wrong. After a quick inspection of the tabs, I found the little plastic connector that goes from the shock to the tab was stripped out and dis-connected from the shock but still bolted to the tab. I was able to stick the shock back into the connector and all was well again. After finding and reading this thread, I left a message for John @ Nauticus. Hopefully, I'll get a new little connector and be able to enjoy my Smart Tabs without worry.

I also noticed a much different spray coming off the back of the boat, but I would think this is normal. My first impression of the Smart Tabs aside from my little problem, is that these things are awesome and deliver exactly as promised and stated on so many threads on iboats.​

GetRdone

Cadet

I too, just installed a set of Smart Tabs and had them out for one test on the lake. Initially, they were everything I have heard about them and I was totally impressed. After being out for a couple of hours, the boat started listing real hard to the port side, I knew something was wrong. After a quick inspection of the tabs, I found the little plastic connector that goes from the shock to the tab was stripped out and dis-connected from the shock but still bolted to the tab. I was able to stick the shock back into the connector and all was well again. After finding and reading this thread, I left a message for John @ Nauticus. Hopefully, I'll get a new little connector and be able to enjoy my Smart Tabs without worry.

I also noticed a much different spray coming off the back of the boat, but I would think this is normal. My first impression of the Smart Tabs aside from my little problem, is that these things are awesome and deliver exactly as promised and stated on so many threads on iboats.​
When you say spray..If you pull a tube do they get wet?

FusionFrank

Seaman Apprentice

When you say spray..If you pull a tube do they get wet?

I haven't pulled the tube with Smart Tabs installed, but no I am sure they wouldn't be "sprayed" by the tabs. To be more clear, they have changed the wake coming off the back of the boat. I think tubing will be easier with Smart Tabs, the boat comes on plane faster and you can stay on plane at a slower speed.​

bhammer

Ensign

I haven't pulled the tube with Smart Tabs installed, but no I am sure they wouldn't be "sprayed" by the tabs. To be more clear, they have changed the wake coming off the back of the boat. I think tubing will be easier with Smart Tabs, the boat comes on plane faster and you can stay on plane at a slower speed.​

We just did all day today and no, they are not sprayed with a standard length tow rope.

GetRdone

Cadet

Thats good news!!I haven`t installed them yet and we do alot of tubing and a spray in the face would not be very fun:eek::)

FusionFrank

Seaman Apprentice

I left a message for John @ Nauticus. Hopefully, I'll get a new little connector and be able to enjoy my Smart Tabs without worry.​

John returned my call and was most helpful, he is not just sending 1 connector to fix my problem, but is sending me 2 just in case there is a problem with the other side - he said it may be a tooling problem and is currently looking into the situation. I will reiterate what so many on here have said before about John @ Nauticus - He is a great guy that totally stands behind his product. This is absolutely a great company to do business with - Thanks John!​

bhammer

Ensign

This past weekend, on Sunday, I had the the port actuator come out of the swivle fitting at the tab. John was great and is sending me new ones, I think they are of a new type. I'll send him the original ones back. I go back to my reply on the 21st and had concern with all te plastic. I hope John is making a permanant change to the hookup.

wngnut

Recruit

I got a hold of John and the issue is the upper and lower brackets for the shock are not on the same plane. Due to the way my swim platform is the shock is mounted at a angle. This caused the bottom hinge to buckle as the tab tried to swing up which caused them to strip out. He sent me some fittings that mount to the tab on the side instead of the "U" style fitting that came with them. Just got the boat out and it works great. There is a different wake on the back. I think it makes for better tubing personally...have not tried it with skiing yet. but i dont think it will be a big deal...