No water coming out pee whole

usmc_hemb

Cadet
I am in the process of restoring my 120 hp force outboard motor. I hooked up the ear muffs to the lower unit. I had it running for about 5 seconds but there was no water coming out of the pee whole, so i turned it off because i didnt want any engine damage. What do you think it could be?

ship5182

Cadet
Re: No water coming out pee whole

Does it have a pee hole? You have to install one on a Force if you havn't already. I bumped up the thread on installing a tell-tale so you can find it. I installed one on my 150 Force in about thirty minutes and it works great. It starts squirting in about 20 to 30 seconds after the thirmostat opens.

Best wishes

ifishhard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

First off, mine only pees in the lake! Will not pee on muffs or a barrel dont know why, it just want! So here are some things to check:
1.) Make sure no insects have made some unwanted homes in water passages.
2.) Make sure impellor is good! Better yet, change it out if you havent!
3.) Make sure your t-stat is in good shape! And not stucked closed!
4.) Test t-stat by putting it into water and turn the stove on and verify that it opens at its correct temp.
5.) Make sure gaskets under water pump are in good condition! If not it will suck air!
6.) Check ALL hoses for debris that might have built up and used compressed air to clean them out!
7.) MAKE REALLY SURE that the tube that connects the water pump housing is intact with the throat that goes up to your t-stat!
8.) HAVE PATIENCE! youll figure it out!!

GOOD LUCK!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

What year is the motor? Always give as much info as you can. It might need to be put in the water.Sometimes the hose just isn't enough water to make it pee. Jerry

usmc_hemb

Cadet

The engine is a 1997 Force 2 stoke, 4 cycle outboard engine if that helps out at all.