'99 XR6 150 Oil Pump Drive Gear

Meridian

Recruit
Hello iboats Forums.

My XR6 150 has an oil pump drive problem, it doesn't work. I checked the forums and see that the problem I have is not new.

The manual says that the drive gear should turn whenever the motor is turning mine is not but I can't turn it with a screwdriver either. The sensor goes off saying that the pump is not working which I have positivley determined.

What I don't understand is how to remove the plastic drive gear. According to the manual it should come out by removing the bearing assembly. I tried to upload some photo's to show how the shaft in my engine is different than the drawing in the manual but the site said the file was to large.

The drive gear in my engine has a female slot in it and the pump has a male tang. This is opposite of what is shown in the manual. It also says to remove the bearing assembly but I don't see how? I am planning on putting the marine solutions electric system on but the installation for that requires that the drive gear be removed. Anyone know how I get this done?