Volvo 4.3 Gl-j Won't Rev Up !!!

florinv1

Cadet
Hi everybody!
I have a 2008 18 ft Azure with a 4.3 GL-J(F) 190 hp volvo penta engine. It is an o/i engine.The operator's manual it saying that the WOT range is between 4200-4600 for this engine. Since i got the boat i went through the recommended
break in engine period of 20 hours by the book. It now has about 25 hour of use.
I got it maybe two times to 4200 rpm with 55 mph for about 30 second, after that i slowed down (break in period). Lately it won't rev above 4000 rpm and yesterday i couldn't get it above 3800 rpm at 53 mph. I'm new at boating and i don't have any idea what could be wrong if any. I tried to have identical conditions when testing the WOT and still it seems that it has troubles reaching the rpm indicated in the manual. I was planing to call the dealer but i didn't want to sound stupid therefore i decided to check with you guys. Any suggestions are more then welcome. Thank you!

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Volvo 4.3 Gl-j Won't Rev Up !!!

Surely a boat that new is still under warranty. I wouldn't give it another thought, except to schedule an appointment with the dealer...