1983 Rude Update!

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey Guys, Gotta 83' 35hp Evinrude, I'm about to do a little updating on it. I want it electric start and I want it to charge my batteries... Here's my list...Am I missing anything?
-starter
-solenoid
-stator
-recitifier
-key switch? What would it take to get a push to choke, or am I stuck havin to walk back to the motor to choke it?
...What else?
Thanks!
Ryan

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1983 Rude Update!

Wiring harness.

rndn

Commander

You mention you want it to charge your batteries. It will only keep the starting battery up to snuff and the trolling battery(ies) will need to be charged with a battery charger.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

when you add the cost of all the renovations, you may decide to sell, and buy what you really want.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Yup, good advice so far. I'll only add one thing...it's a beast, get some help to move it around.

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the help guys, I'll just be using it to charge the battery I'll be using for starting. No kidding tashadaddy...some of this stuff is crazy. I'm near a local boat salvage yard (Lake Marine Liquidators) Hopefully they'll have some parts for me! tm, NO KIDDING! I moved this thing from the transom just 20ft into my shop and thought I was gonna pop a blood vessel! You guys stop by my resto thread!!( Mirrocraft Resto! Need Help!!) I can use all the help I can get!
Thanks!
Ryan